- Federation of Self Employed & Small Businesses
Aim to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions. They offer members a wide range of vital business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice heard in government.
- Chamber of Commerce
The British Chambers of Commerce sits at the heart of a unique network of businesses across the UK. Their opinions are regularly sought by policymakers and parliamentarians and we’ve been helping to shape the UK’s business agenda for more than 150 years. The Chamber network sits at the heart of local business communities in every part of the UK, helping businesses of every size and sector to thrive.
- Confederation of British Industry
As the voice of UK business, they campaign for the changes that deliver prosperity for all. As a policy maker, by working with business you can help drive that change.
Tools for Productivity and Team Management
- Evernote – where I manage a lot of my brainstorming, note taking, capturing of ideas, writing of blog posts and much much more!
- Slack – the tool we use for our team’s internal communications.
- Trello – another tool that we use internally for communications and project management
- Fantastical – a great calendar app for Macs and iOS.
- Wunderlist – my todo list application
Other Resources and Tools
- Ecamm Live – an amazing tool for Mac users to create Facebook LIVE videos
- BuzzSumo – a fantstic tool for analysing how well content is being shared on your site (or anyone else’s)
- MarsEdit – a little Mac blog editor that allows me to write content and upload it to my blog without actually logging into WordPress
- QuickBooks – QuickBooks products are geared mainly toward small and medium-sized businesses and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions that accept business payments, manage and pay bills, and payroll functions.
- Zoom – a tool that we use for webinars but also to broadcast to Facebook Live video that allows bringing on guests and screen sharing.
- ScreenFlow – a tool for recording Screencasting
- Grammarly – a very cool Chrome extension that checks your spelling and grammar for you!
- Google Analytics – a great free metrics/statistics program. It’s an industry standard, you need to have it installed!